Right Glute and leg pain. So many of my female clients are complaining of this to varying degrees. Some have even used the term “sciatica” to describe what they are feeling.
You know what, I have also been experiencing some leg and glute pain this past month.
That got me wondering… what is going on? Why are so many women dealing with a similar muscular issue?
As a NeuroMuscular Massage Therapist I’m familiar with referral pain. You know, when a muscle is SO tight that it sends pain somewhere else in the body. Like a tight back muscles causing abdominal pain, or a pec muscle sending pain to the arm, or a tight glute muscle sending pain down the leg. You can see an example of leg pain caused by referral pain from the Gluteus minimus muscles. Picture taken from Travell and Simons Referral Chart.
That is my first go to for my clients, and myself. 95% of the time, it works like a charm. But for this current glute/leg concern, massage, stretching, foam rolling and posture check-ins have helped…but the pain seems to return.
So… as someone who has been giving and teaching the Raindrop technique for over 10 years I’ve learned that many of our chronic aches and pains that don’t respond to the usual methods may be due to negative emotions. If we have the same negative emotion for long enough, it can physically manifest in the body as a pain, rash, disease… etc.
If that is the case, then what does a right sore butt and leg mean emotionally?
It might surprise you. Here is what I found out.
- The Right Side represents the males in your life.
In Louise Hay’s book, Heal Your Body, she states:
- Buttocks represent personal power.
- Legs carry us forward in life.
- Sciatica is due to the emotions of fear of money and of the future.
- The negative emotion associated with the lower legs is “Fear of the Future”.
When I think of how I’ve been feeling since 2020, I have to admit that my personal power has been in question. When I read “fear of the future”, it certainly struck a cord with me. I’ve felt unsure and hesitant about the future for these past three years.
Based on the number of painful right rears and legs, I’m guessing I’m not alone when it comes to having those feelings.
So what can you do about it?
These concerns are not going to magically disappear. Instead we need to acknowledge those fears and release them.
- An affirmation that Louise gives for buttocks is “I use my power wisely. I am strong. I am safe. All is well.”
- To support the lower legs, “I move forward with confidence and joy, knowing that all is well in my future.”
- For sciatic pain “My good is everywhere, and I am secure and safe”.
How do you use these affirmations?
Essential oils speed up the process, Sandlewood is a good essential oil to help release fear. If you don’t have an essential oil the process will still work.
- Get in a comfortable position, relax and take a few deep breaths.
- Inhale your essential oil if you have one.
- Say your affirmation out loud. Which one should you choose? Pick the one above that speaks to you the most.
- Acknowledge the negative emotion you’ve been holding on to. Talk to it, and let it know why you’ve had it and why it is time to let it go. (I like to “scoop” up my negative emotion in the area that I’m feeling it and then hold that emotion in my hands so I can “look” at it while I talk to it.)
- After you talk this negative emotion, toss it away. Give it to God to take care of.
You think I’m a bit crazy…. That’s OK! Give it a try and then check in with yourself, see how you feel. Is that pain better? If it is, then you are on the right track! Keep on doing this process to totally release it.
If you give this process a try, let me know your results!
Want to do this emotional work faster?
Here are a few suggestions.
- Work with a Licensed Spiritual Healer.
- Schedule an Emotional Release Raindrop with me.
- Take an Emotional Release with Essential Oils class.
- As always, I’d love to know your thoughts on this topic.
- Have you found that using essential oil supported an emotional release for you?
- Do you have any questions I can help you with?