Do you have a goal to do a full body cleanse? Are you looking for tools to support your detox?
Spring time has traditionally been the time for doing a deep clean in our homes. It also is a time for internal cleansing.
I use a few “Spring detox” tools. One of the tools I use is Raindrop! Raindrop supports our body to detox in four ways; by breaking down toxins, supporting the digestive system, supporting the lymphatic system and support the parasympathetic nervous system.
The essential oils that are traditionally used in this technique support cleansing in a few ways.
- The oils of Oregano, Thyme and Wintergreen have a high percentage of phenolic molecules. These molecules are excellent at finding and breaking down toxins that are hanging out in our body.
- The oils of Marjoram and Peppermint support the digestive system. Marjoram relaxes the involuntary muscles, one being the colon while peppermint support peristalsis, the movement of the colon. If we are kicking up “the trash” with the phenolic molecules, we want to support the natural movement of the colon to help the body eliminate the junk.
- The oil of Cypress supports the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is another system that helps the body gather and get rid of the “junk”. Lymph gathers the trash and brings it to the lymphatic vessels. On its journey, this trash is filtered through your lymph nodes, and then through your kidneys.
If you would like to add some more detoxing support to your Raindrops, you might consider adding these two oils.
- Grapefruit essential oil not only does it help break down petrochemicals stored in our body, but it also supports the lymphatic system and kidneys.
- I also am a big fan of Juniper essential oil as it supports our kidneys and supports cell detoxification.
The fourth way Raindrop supports a detox is this technique is very relaxing.
The light feathering technique and Basil essential oil supports our parasympathetic nervous system. When the parasympathetic nervous is on, all the things we feel when we are relaxing are activated. When the parasympathetic nervous system is activated it means our digestive system is working better. This allows for better elimination, which is what we want working well during a detox or cleanse.
Have you ever considered adding Raindrop to your Full Body Cleanse routine? If you did, do you feel that it was a support?
If you have not added Raindrop to your Full Body Cleanse yet, does this peek your interest to do so?